Monday, June 29, 2009

WoodenBoat Show : Part 2

As I said yesterday, my next trip was up along the docks. I'm a small boat kind of guy and I find myself looking at those boats which peak my interest, but at the WoodenBoat Show keeping focus can be difficult. There is so much to do and see and so many people to talk to. This is just a very small sampling of the boats that were at the show's docks.

Wandering up from the Dupont shipyard towards the Sabino there were a few interesting cats hanging out at the dock. It was early and people were still bringing boats to the docks. Here is Tigress being spiffed up.


Nearby were Goblin and her tender.


On the docks near the entrance was a stunning Caledonia Yawl.


Just remember, the Devil IS in the details...


I was fond of this peapod, Little Mary, designed by Eric Dow from lines of an old boat he saw in Stonington, Maine and built by Rick Waters



Here's a Rescue Minor (an Atkin design) by Timm Schleiff (on the left) - understated beauty.


The CLC Pocketship was a interesting little cruiser as was the Regret, a reproduction of Commodore Monroe's sharpie lifeboat, Egret, both built by Geoff Kerr of Two Daughters Boatworks.


The docks at the north end of the seaport were pretty full with some beautiful boats, but much too big in scale for me. They look sorta hard to car-top!



I suppose if I could find a place for a larger boat, an Albert Strange design like Sea Harmony belonging to Thad Danielson of Redd's Pond Boatworks would be my choice.



Even the shirts Gannon and Benjamin had looked like they were ready to sail!


Lovely dragon detail on the bow of Elf. For more about Elf, please see Russ Manheimer's post on his blog.


More to come tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a nice post.
Beautiful boats and great photos.
Hope you had a good time.
The weather Saturday actually turned out to be OK. Considering the track record from this past month, that is actually saying a lot.