Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tech Tip Tuesday...

...Teaser.

Yup.  This is here to torment you.

One of the things that my students find to be difficult to do is to accurately cut the compound angles where the stringers meet the stems on the skin-on-frame boats.  Mostly, my students lack much understanding of woodworking when they arrive in my class and complex angle cutting is not an easy one for experienced woodworkers. 

So, I've developed a jig to cut the stringers.  It is simple, and straight-forward and saves lots of time.  We cut one set of stringers with it last week and I've got a couple of tweaks to make before I show it to you.  I can think of several different applications where this method would make things easier, so look forward to this technique appearing in other places.

No comments: