Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Grim Reaper?


Probably one of my least favorite cars from a stylistic point-of-view is Chrysler's PT Cruiser. While they were sorta cool when they came out in a very retro way, I quickly became jaded about the styling. More often than not, I can be heard referring to them as a "Sport Utility Hearse".

Today, on my way to work, I saw the following in front of me at a traffic light which only reinforced my opinions.


Note the Grim Reaper on the left. It had flames down the sides and probably over the top of the hood as well as those you see on the bumper.

A bit of detail of the right side of the vehicle is shown below:


It is a bit difficult to read, but the tombstones say things like R.I.P. 1991 Subaru and R.I.P. 1965 Ford Falcon Sedan Delivery.

2 comments:

David said...

Unfortunately for the poor owner of that Cruiser is the fact that the 1991 Subaru will probably be logging its half million mile in 2016 long after the Cruiser has been on its final trip to the wrecker!

Canoez said...

Or even longer if it was a Dodge Dart with a slant 6...