Sunday, April 12, 2009

Flavor of the Day

Yesterday, my flavor was changed to Mahogany. Swietina, to be exact. In class yesterday, a student and I milled some laminations for making his stems. I was covered again. Here are the stems in place on a Wee Lassie Two.

Here's another boat - a Wee Lassie. The bottom panels have been glued into place and the glue is curing.

Last but not least is the kayak. The two bottom panels are fitted. If you can't tell, it was a big day for the class with lots of 'milestone' work. They should be proud of what they've accomplished. If you can't tell, we also used LOTS of inner tubes. Good thing we've got lots of them!