Friday, June 13, 2008

With Big, Nasty, Pointy Teeth!


Killer Bunny = Chipmunk?

This evening I went to my father's house with my chainsaw to clean up a fallen limb that was a remnant of the other night's storm. (See below...) When I arrived in the backyard, I noticed a mess of blue jay feathers on the lawn near a water container that sits on the ground and serves as a bird bath. Someone had had a bit of a picnic.

Not far away, was a pile of boards covered with a blue tarp. Sitting on top of the tarp was a very bold chipmunk. He was all of 3 1/2" tall, but sitting on the top of the pile like he owned the place. As I look, I notice...

Nah. Couldn't be.

I moved a bit closer to the chipmunk.

No way.

I'm now within about 10' of the chipmunk. He's stamping his front paws on the board as he sort of rocks from side to side, but he's not running away. He's got a small blue jay feather sticking out of the corner of his mouth and is chewing on the end, the feather sort of moving back and forth as he chews.

RUN AWAY!!!

Well, I guess Monty Python's Killer Bunny has competition!!!

No comments: