I had been thinking of writing another post about our resident wildlife, and my friend Russ pushed me over the edge with the picture above. We have 6 relatively large and one small feeder outside for the birds and other wildlife. (read:squirrels).
- Thistle feeder (5 pounds of seed)
- Small window-mounted feeder (maybe a pound of seed)
- 2 small feeders in the front yard (2-1/2 pounds of seed)
- 2 larger feeders in the back yard (5 pounds of seed)
- Large "Squirrel Proof" feeder (8 pounds of seed)
The feeders were all empty on our return.
That was 29 pounds of thistle and sunflower seeds.
Our birds and squirrels must have gotten into the espresso.
I figured I'd fill the feeders on my return home from work on Monday.
Monday, we awoke to an ice storm and I went out to spread some ice melter on the sidewalks and driveway. The tree in the front yard that holds the feeders was full of complaining birds - there were birds on the tree like Christmas ornaments on a Christmas tree. I filled the two feeders and was backing out of the driveway when the grey pigs came along and scared the birds away from the feeders. I filled the remainder of the feeders Monday after work. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts.