Saturday, January 31, 2009

In the new-fallen snow...


I awoke this morning to find a light coating of fluffy snow on the ground. There wasn't very much - perhaps only about an inch at the most. As I looked out the side-lights of the front door, I was watching the birds in the tree in the front yard stuffing their beaks and admiring the smooth and undisturbed blanket of snow, making everything look clean and new.

I like that about snow.

However, upon closer inspection, I noticed that the snow wasn't as undisturbed as I thought it was.

There were small grooves that looked to have been plowed through the snow. Surprisingly, they went for very, very long distances. They want from our side yard along a path that I cleared for our oil delivery. They went up and over snowbanks. They want across the driveway to my car and back. They went to the end of the driveway and apparently across the street.


What could they be?

Mouse tracks, perhaps?

No comments: