Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oh Help, Oh NO!!!


I had some dental work done last week and as a part of that dental work, I was given an anti-septic mouth rinse to use three times a day. As a side effect of the rinse, my tongue felt sort of strange - mostly in regard to how things tasted. Last night was my first night being done with the rinse and I decided that a glass of red wine would be nice as the taste wouldn't be spoilt by the rinse.

When I woke up this morning, I looked in the mirror and could only think of the wonderful children's book, The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and illustrated with both humor and talent by Axel Sheffler.

My eyes were orange. (Ok, sorta red...)

I opened my mouth...

My tongue was black. (Stained a purple-black from the wine...)

...are there?

I turned slightly just to make sure I didn't have purple prickles all over my back.

Oh help, oh no - am I a Gruffalo?

If you have children and haven't read them this book (or the follow up, The Gruffalo's Child.) I highly recommend them. We were introduced to them by my BIL and are very thankful for the it!

I also recommend waiting a few days after that mouth rinse for a glass of wine, too!

No comments: