Friday, April 11, 2008

Coffee, Coffee, Buzz, Buzz...

I think that most offices tend to run on a significant amount of coffee - preferrably good coffee. At my workplace, we used to have a coffee vending maching that used powdered stuff and it was terrible. So they upgraded to one that actually ground the beans and then added the powdered stuff. Better, but not great. Then we upgraded to a single cup Keurig coffee maker.

Much Better.

My DW's workplace also got the same machine, but they have different types of coffee from what is offered here. One type from Coffee People is this:






That's right. It says jet fuel. Is it ever! My DW brought me a few pods of the stuff to try. I tried one out yesterday. I had the sensation of being a nervous rabbit about an hour after my cup of the stuff.

And so, let us pray the prayer that our Folger's taught us to pray, saying:

Coffee Drinkers Prayer

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me productive in wee hours:
It leadeth me beyond the yawning masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of conciousness for its name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Juan Valdez forever.
Amen.

No comments: